Friday, June 24, 2011

Interviewing Rebecca Lee

In my WIP, Chihuahua Momma, Rebecca Lee is my main character. She is a widow who just turned forty. She has two teenaged kids, and since she lost her husband three years ago, she has lived in a cocoon of loneliness. She is being interviewed by the MC blog fest today:

1. What is your greatest fear?
If I had to dig down to the depths of my soul, I must admit that I am terrified I might get hurt again. When I am alone or up late, the horror of that fateful night comes over me. The rain pelted down when the police officer came to the door with the news. My life stopped that night. How can I open up again? I could never face that kind of pain again.

2. What is your greatest accomplishment?
That's a hard one. My children Ryan and Amanda are definitely my greatest personal accomplishment. Other than family? I would have to say winning Best in Show at Westminster. The overwhelming joy was surreal, and my business surged overnight.

3. What is your biggest regret?
Honestly, I'd like to say I don't have any regrets. I hate looking back and feeling bad. But, sometimes that night haunts me. I knew the driving conditions were treacherous...you know...the night Brian died. I thought about calling him and telling him to get a hotel. When I think about it I can't breathe, and now I can't do it over. I only had one chance to save him, and I didn't make the call.

To be a part of the blog fest go to Francine Howarth's Blog: http://tgunwriter.blogspot.com/2011/06/romantic-friday-writers-7th-challenge.html

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like the kind of character that a reader would want to get to know. She sounds very real and layered.

    ReplyDelete