I recently joined RWA Online since I don't live near an Romance Writers of America chapter. They offer some pretty good writing classes. A few weeks ago I took a class on voice by Jeannie Lin, and thought it was very helpful. In addition, you can pay a small fee of $15 through Paypal to take one of their classes without joining RWA and RWA Online.
Anyway, On October 3rd - 14th, Susan Palmquist is teaching a class for those of us who need to work on our synopsis writing skills:
About the Class:
- Learn why a good synopsis is like giving a great job interview
- Learn why it's a must have skill for every writer
- Learn what makes a good synopsis
- Learn what should always be included
- Learn what tense a synopsis should be written in and how it should be formatted
- Learn to write both a short and long synopsis
- There will be mini exercises after each lesson and two major exercises at the end of each week.
If you are interested into signing up go to http://www.rwaonlinechapter.org/ Click on "Forums" on the right panel.