Thursday, September 29, 2011

RWA Online Synopsis Class

I recently joined RWA Online since I don't live near an Romance Writers of America chapter. They offer some pretty good writing classes. A few weeks ago I took a class on voice by Jeannie Lin, and thought it was very helpful. In addition, you can pay a small fee of $15 through Paypal to take one of their classes without joining RWA and RWA Online. 

Anyway, On October 3rd - 14th, Susan Palmquist is teaching a class for those of us who need to work on our synopsis writing skills:

About the Class:
  1. Learn why a good synopsis is like giving a great job interview
  2. Learn why it's a must have skill for every writer
  3. Learn what makes a good synopsis
  4. Learn what should always be included
  5. Learn what tense a synopsis should be written in and how it should be formatted
  6. Learn to write both a short and long synopsis
  7. There will be mini exercises after each lesson and two major exercises at the end of each week.

 If you are interested into signing up go to http://www.rwaonlinechapter.org/ Click on "Forums" on the right panel.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure this will be worthwhile. I hate synopsis writing, and try to avoid sending them out if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Synopses are the worst! :( Well...wait...queries are the worst. That's the ultimate skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an agent request only a synopsis...no pages. I hate my synopsis...I definitely prefer sending pages they're a much better reflection of my work. However, synopsises are necessary in the industry, so I aim to work to become more proficient at writing them.

    ReplyDelete