Monday, March 12, 2012

Chihuahuas - Chick Magnets

Poco, Austin, Tut, Maya

You know what they say about Chihuahuas? You can't just have one. I have four. Poco has an AKC (American Kennel Club) Obedience title. He's does everything I tell him, unless I'm not looking, and then he's a little devil. Actually, he belongs to my daughter, but she's in college and can't have a dog in her apartment. Austin is the canine version of Eeyore. He'll do anything you ask, and feel bad about it. Tut is an AKC Champion, and he can't think of anything except Maya, whose also an AKC Champion, but the only thing she can think about is herself and maybe if she's got prime real estate on Mom's lap - of course she gets preferential treatment because she is the smallest.

Anyway, in my MS, Chihuahua Momma, the hero talks about the Chihuahua he had when he was a kid being a chick magnet...probably not the best thing he could have said at the time, but there's a fair bit of truth in in. I followed a person on Twitter the other day who had a puppy in his picture...of course I messaged him that I loved the dog...He replied that he gets all his followers because of it. Go figure.

Have you ever taken your dog, or any dog to a park? Everyone wants to ogle it. The want to pet it and talk baby talk and give it treats. So, if you've got a character that needs a bit of attention, give him/her a dog, and see where that takes them!

Write on friends!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie. Every single time I see a chihuahua, I my brain says, "Yo quiero Taco Bell."

    Did you know (I bet you did) that the chihuahua was the most popular and soon abandoned dog in the U.S. as a result of Taco Bell's commercials?

    Poor things. Are your dogs hyper? I ask because I have a friend in the states who has one and he is a jumpy, albeit cute rascal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!! I was thinking of giving a dog to my protagonist for another reason. But this might breath a little more life into it... How people responds to the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding a dog or pet to your MS definitely adds more meat to your story!

    ReplyDelete