Monday, July 30, 2012

Are You Left or Right Brained?



I visited Trish Jackson's blog: http://romanticreviewramble.blogspot.com where she talked about plotters vs. pansters. Those of you who follow me know that I am a plotter and I use and Excel spreadsheet to plan my manuscript before I start writing. However, I do allow myself literary license in the creative process, and will change the outline several times to incorporate what "happens" when I dive into the story. I took the quiz below and discovered that though my left brain is dominant, I have a strong tendency to the right as well. Would love to hear your thoughts...are you predominantly left or right brained?

Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 12(12)
Right Brain Dominance: 10(10)
Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz

10 comments:

  1. Amy, what a great warm up. its nice to know why I behave the way I do. Thanks for the grounding on another hot day in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great subject, and I have another quiz for a future post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that you are now featured in my Featured Book Blogs sidebar this month. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quiz. I got 10 for left brain and 9 for right brain, so it's about in the middle but just over for a left brain dominance.

    And I love plotting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little quizzes like this. They help me to be more introspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. My first ever blog post dealt with R/L brain. Thanks for the new follow and glad to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely a plotter, Amy! I tried writing a novel with no definite plan and it was a complete MESS. Haha! I love outlining and making character lists and naming places before I start writing. It just makes the process a whole lot smoother, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quiz was fun, though now I want to find out what it means that I'm 10/11!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a panster/plotser... I plot very loosely what I want or need to see happen, but then I just start writing and somehow find my way to that point. Though I have had it take me in directions I never thought it would go and then I have to reevaluate.

    My quiz scores were Left 10, Right 7. Seems about right. I am a stubborn Taurus after all- too much of a control freak to be that loose.

    ReplyDelete