Friday, August 24, 2012

New Contract for Virtue

Sandstone etching by Bob Jarecki

This morning I signed a contract to publish my romantic suspense, Virtue, with awesome publisher, Turquoise Morning Press. They will be releasing Chihuahua Momma in July, 2013, and it looks like Virtue will come out a few months later. I'll let everyone know when I get the release date.

I am super excited to be working with TMP on another project. I completed Virtue during the Donald Maass breakout workshop, and I think it is one of my better manuscripts. Below is the pitch that landed the contract:



Sheltered, raised in rural Utah, Zoe Marshall has never heard of the Mayan Prophecy of the Golden Goddess—but she’s about to.

At the moment she’s thrilled to have landed her dream job dancing on a cruise ship where she meets Belizean, Gabriel AhKin. The sizzling bartender stirs her passion.

When the ship docks in Belize, Gabriel learns his brother, Alistair, has joined the Brotherhood of Kukulkan, a Mayan cult led by reclusive fanatic, Cocozca. Alistair has spirited Zoe away from a ship’s excursion, taking her to Cocozca’s temple. When the madman he sees her, he divines that Zoe is the Golden Goddess. She is “the one” to fulfill the prophecy.
                                                                                              
When Gabriel uncovers Cocozca’s plan to sacrifice Zoe, his flight to find Alistair turns into a battle to save the woman who’s captured his heart.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait for the release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... awesome Amy! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so, so happy for you. ou are well on your way and definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to a great writer and an even greater human being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I'm super excited about this one...will be working with an editor to amp up the tension in the first pages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats once again on your book contract! That is a great pitch and you had me at "rural Utah." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Congrats! You had a great pitch!

    ReplyDelete