Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest!


Hi bloggers! I'm so excited, because I'm going to share an AWESOME book with you. I remember reading Captive Spirit by Liz Fichera in the car on the way up to Salt Lake for a writer's conference. I was traveling with some friends and they kept talking to me, which was incredibly irritating. Couldn't they see that I was engrossed in a story? After all, these two women were writers (and therefore avid readers) too. But no--I got interruption after interruption!

Captive Spirit is about Aiyana, an ancient Hohkam Indian girl of the White Ant Clan. Free spirited, Aiyana dreams of traveling beyond the mountains, but when her village is attacked, she learns the world beyond the mountains is a frightening and ugly place. I loved the way Liz described life in pre-white man Arizona. She captured the essence of Native American life and transported me to that place. I lost a fair amount of sleep reading this book (as well as nearly losing two valued friends).

So, if you're looking for a good read, download Captive Spirit to your e-reader. Liz also has another book coming out in January--Hooked is about a modern day Native American girl who lives on the "rez". I can't wait to read it too!

PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD! In the Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest, I cannot tell the author that I've recommended her book. She is supposed to find it through Twitter, Facebook, Blogger...all sorts of social media. Soooo, please tweet and share this review on FB.

I love comments too!

***Thanks to the  Ninja bloggers, Captain Alex and Ciara Knight, for organizing this blogfest. How cool to share books that deserve a shout out that some of us may not know about! 

25 comments:

  1. great review story! and i love liz! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Tara - Liz is Awesome--I hope you tweeted or FB'd I'd love for her to see this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome. I love reading about that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Love the cover and the idea of falling into a new place in fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book! (I hate getting interrupted when I'm reading, too !)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Liz found the review! It's got to be a GRRRREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great fantasy stories today! Enjoyed your choice for DINYB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Tweeted! I hope she finds her book. I think I'm adding this one to my TBR pile. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great book! I love Native American history.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your excitement and love for this book shines through. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this cover. It's very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aloha Amy,

    Another interesting and well-noticed book:)

    PS...Thanks for stopping by and for the follow (I am having trouble following back - issue on my side) but once I figure it out, I'll return the follow favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mark - No idea what the glitch is, but I used to have trouble following blogs. I started using Chrome as my search engine and the problem went away. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds intriguing! I have put it on my TBR list. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad Liz found her book!
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've known about this book for a while. Haven't read it though. The girl looks intense, determined.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy - sounds like a very good recommendation and I've seen Liz around the net ... definitely worth a read as I'd love to know more about pre white America ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great. How about linking in to Books You Loved: October? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy - sorry I didn't explain better about my Books You Loved series! If you go to Carole's Chatter you wil find in the right sidebar a heading "Books You Loved" and then a list of months under that. If you click the October one this will take you to the current edition. The idea is that you share a post about a Book You Loved by linking it in using the Mr Linky boxes you will find towards the bottom of the post. You just put your name and the name of the book and its author in the first box and then copy and paste the ur l for your post into the second. Don't worry if you don't get it right first time, I can usually fix it for you. The book doesn't have to be one you read this month and feel free to put in more than one link if you link. Good luck. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking in Amy. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stopping by from Carole's October Books You Loved Post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete