Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm A Chihuahua Momma

Maya (AKC Champion, Misty Morn Just Call Her Sam)
Are you a dog lover? I am. In fact I have four Chihuahuas. I earned championship titles on two of them and thought to breed them...but it wasn't meant to be. Actually, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. They're just too special to worry about the health problems that can come with litters.

To the left is a picture of Maya. She does everything with me...especially sleep. She even helps me write. She never got any bigger than 3.5 pounds, so it was a good thing that I didn't breed her.

Next year, my novel, Chihuahua Momma, will be released by boutique publisher Turquoise Morning Press (www.turquoisemorningpress.com). It's a fun romance between an ex football player and a widow who has two teenagers. Matt Johnson had no idea that his life would change forever when he rang Rebecca's doorbell. All he wanted to do was buy a Chihuahua, but he tumbled into the wild world of dog showing and was drawn in by a gorgeous redhead and the thrill of the ring.

If you enjoy dog shows and all the crazy things that can happen when you mix a fun loving single guy with a dysfunctional family, watch for Chihuahua Momma, to be released July 28, 2013.

What's your breed? I'd love to hear about your dogs!

6 comments:

  1. Chihuahua Momma sounds like a fun read, Amy.

    Years ago I had a pug and loved him dearly. I'd love to adopt another small dog, but I'm not sure Katie Kitty will approve. Considering Katie weighs almost 9 pounds, a little Maya would probably not be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia - I agree, Chihuahuas and cats might not be the best mix...maybe a French Bulldog?? They are fairly small, have easy coats to maintain and I love their adorable faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Maya's adorable. I'm more a cat person than a dog person, except for Sheps. Having said that a neighbor has a chihuahua (Nellie) who's captured my heart. I've come to think chihuahua are like little people. Totally looooove your book's plot. I can see me reading it! (Plus, my hair was red when I was younger!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kittie - Cats are cool--especially if your name is Kittie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a dog! Unfortunately I'm allergic to just about everything. It's so not fair.

    P.S. Sorry I've been such a stranger, Amy! It's been a tough year. BTW, your novel sounds adorable! Looking forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Amy on your next book! I grew up with dogs and reeeally miss having them. (hubby's not a fan)

    ReplyDelete