Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Help Me Make A List of Great Books 2012!

 
As a writer, I consider it part of my job to read. However, as a productive writer, my reading time is limited. At the moment I'm writing about four books per year, and that limits me to reading about a book a week. I firmly hold onto the adage, "know thy genre" which means I have to read much as possible and read widely. I always feel rotten if I start a book, and it's not what I expected, or not to my taste, or simply, it's bad. I used to struggle through and try to finish any book I started, but increasingly, if I'm not captivated in the first couple of chapters, I'll toss it aside and move on to the next one. But it's driving me crazy. It seems there are more bad books out there than ever...or I'm getting pickier...or I'm spending too much time in my own genre. Whatever the reason, I'm on a GOOD book quest.

I'd like to know what books you've read in the past year that you couldn't put down. It doesn't have to be a romance, but if you can suggest a romance, I'd especially like that. If I get enough comments, I'll publish a GOOD BOOK LIST with links to those books. So come on, help me ID the best books of 2012!!

Please tell your friends about this list/tweet about it, post of Facebook. I want the best darned book list for 2012! All they have to do is leave a comment on my blog with the name of a book by December 31st and I'll add it to the list. 

5 comments:

  1. the Boy Who Fell to Earth by Kathy Lette

    the Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

    Anything by Janet Evanovich

    Happy list building

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join me and possibly many of your friends on
    GoodReads.com (You can get on it through Facebook if you don't want another password.) Friend me and your other friends and find out what we have read this year. We also list the books we have read and liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carole. I'm on Goodreads, Pat. I'll look you up...I would like to know what book(s) you read in the past year that you couldn't put down (if any). For me it was The Saint By Monica McCarty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's older but I greatly enjoyed Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You write 4 books a year and read a book a week? You are incredible! I'm so envious! My favorites this year were Roth's books Divergent and Insurgent. I also really enjoyed Liz Norris's Unraveling.

    ReplyDelete