Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I got tagged on my friend, Jennifer Greyson's blog yesterday http://jengreyson.com and now I'm part of this cool blog fest, The Next Big Thing, where I get to answer a few questions about my WIP.

What is your working title of your book?

  • My current WIP is Captured by the Pirate Laird.

Where did the idea for the book come from?

  • I wanted to write a romance about a Scottish pirate.
What genre does your book fall under?

  • Romance, sub genre, Historical
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

  • Ooo, that's a tough one. I think Keira Knightly and Henry Cavill (from The Tudors)

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
  • Married by proxy to a baron old enough to be her grandfather, Anne's life cannot get worse--until her ship is plundered by pirates.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

  • Good question.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

  • Two months
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

  • The Saint, The Rarnger, Highland Warrior, The Maid of Lorne

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

  • My Scottish roots.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

  • The characters are real people...but the story is entirely fictional. 
My friend Pat Coffey is carrying the torch for the Next Big Thing. Visit her blog, Vigilant Silver Fox: http://blog.patwcoffey.com/

1 comment: