Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Drat That Flu!

Oh boy, coming up for air here. My husband's a pharmacist, and brought home the dreaded flu. He said that this year's strain is not overly responsive to the flu shot, and has gastro-intestinal woes. Unfortunately I can vouch for that first hand. Without going into the details, I'm happy to report that after about four days, I am now able to sit up at my computer and work.

I haven't done much blogging, obviously, but I want to rectify that. I have a question for you seasoned pros. What's the optimum number of blogs per week? 

Also, I was thinking of giving away a free query critique. What's the best way to do that? I don't want to post it on my blog and have two people respond (or with my luck, no one). I've been rather successful at writing queries, and I'd like to give back to the blogger community, but I haven't seemed to have found the right knack yet. 

Hmm.


7 comments:

  1. Been there, done that, glad you're feeling better, glad I'm feeling better.

    I can't believe you've had no luck giving away a query critique -- although it does look like those who aren't coming out with new books are busy writing -- so maybe no ones one ready. I'm still waiting to hear from the last one I submitted. Good luck with your give away!

    Maybe just posting a copy or two of successful queries will get you some responses. Some of us are too shy to think it's ever good enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I need to get active about publicizing it as well. Hmm.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. I can only give you the answer to one question. I try to write one blog a week. From the classes I've taken on blogging, it's not how many blogs, but how regular you are with your blogging, For example, every 1st and 3rd Monday or 2nd and 4th Friday, or always the 3rd Wed. Also, as far as getting more responses to your blog, it's all about the labeling. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Labels...I always forget to add them!

      Delete
  3. Relieved you're on the mend, Amy. Pamper yourself and stay well. About your question, I blog about once a week. Quite honestly, it's difficult for me to keep up with those who blog more often. I need to do some of this labeling stuff. I've heard it's very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy! Darling! Don't be sick anymore! It's horrid. Had it too. Bleh! I'm with Pat on this. I have had quite a few "blogging classes" and they all say keep it consistent. Choose a day and stick to it. (even though I am horrible with this...I know several bloggers who do M W and Fri. I personally cannot keep up with that, but I know quite a few who do.

    ReplyDelete