Friday, April 5, 2013

A-Z Challenge - E for English Setter

It's E-Day and today's dog is the English Setter of the Sporting Group.

An elegant, substantial and symmetrical gun dog, an English Setter is the blend of strength, stamina, grace and style. They have a gentle and affectionate temperament. They're friendly without shyness, fear or viciousness. Dogs are about 25 inches and bitches stand at about 24 inches.

My A-Z challenge is in celebration of my upcoming contemporary romance, Chihuahua Momma, to be released by Turquoise Morning Press on July 28.

Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

A listing of A-Z participants can be found at the bottom of this blog.

13 comments:

  1. I love that picture. Those dogs have such unique coloration on their faces.

    The A to Z blog said in the latest post to add a link to your own A to Z blog in the comments, so here's mine: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they look a tad like old men!

      Delete
  2. Love dogs! We have a border collie and a blue heeler. These photos are gorgeous.
    Stopping by from A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet another dog lover!

      Delete
    2. Carol - I clicked on your icon and got a blank Google+. Unfortunately I can't find your blog to make a comment :-(

      Delete
  3. Love the dogs! Nice pic of these two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty dogs. A lot of fur to brush though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to raise and show English Setters. They are gentle and beautiful and love people and I did show one to her championship, Ch. Lady Guenevere of High Tor. Still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the show ring...but I've no puppies and my champions are getting too old. *sighs*

      Delete