Monday, April 8, 2013

A-Z Challenge - G For Great Pyrenees

Today is G-day and my post is about the Great Pyrenees.  These are gentle giants, with dogs 100 pounds and up, bitches 85 pounds and up.

The Great Pyrenees conveys the impression of elegance and majesty. He possesses keen intelligence and a kindly, yet regal expression. Territorial, he will protect his flock or family when necessary.

His general demeanor is one of quiet composure, both patient and tolerant...I have Chihuahuas, which have none of these qualities :-) Though I am excited about the release of my contemporary romance, Chihuahua Momma on July 28th.

Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I just want to snuggle with them!

      Delete
  2. Great Pyrenees certainly are majestic! Very pretty indeed. We are dog lovers in our family. Our dog, Elliott, is a mixed breed rescue dog. You can find him on the covers of my books, Charlene the Star and Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes. He's an important part of the story. He even does a few things in the story that he does in real life! You can find out more about my books by visiting: www.dhdunne.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big softy, not a massive fan of big doggies but this one looks pretty harmless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a small dog person too, but I do admire these...wait until K day!

      Delete
  4. It's funny, when I looked at the photo I thought, "that's a gentle giant." Then I see how you described them, and used the same words! Beautiful, big fluffy dogs. :)

    From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your upcoming book!
    Pretty dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a big dog. Congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Pyrenees are wonderful dogs! I love the beautiful white furthis one has.

    Cogratulations on your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! Of course I love all the breeds I'm showcasing during the A-Z challenge :-)

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous dog! Congrats on your book!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete