Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A-Z Challenge H For Havanese

A member of the toy group, the Havanese is a rugged and spry little dog. The legs are strong and allow for free and easy movement. The dark eyes and long tail are covered with long, silky hair. The abundant coat can be wavy, curly or corded. The Havanese is a double-coated breed with soft hair, both on the outer coat and undercoat. The adult coat reaches 6 to 8 inches, and has a pearly sheen. The Havanese comes in any color, including cream, gold, white, silver, blue and black. The gait is unique, lively and ”springy," which accentuates the Haveneses happy character. The breed is of solid physical type and sound constitution. 

I'm celebrating a new breed every day for the A-Z challenge, and to announce the release of my contemporary romance, Chihuahua Momma on July 28th. 

Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

13 comments:

  1. What a fun theme for the challenge. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love their spunky attitudes!

      Delete
  2. Havanese seem like such sweet dogs. Great post and great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little dog! The one in the photo looks so friendly.

    From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he's just adorable. Just googled havanese too and seen some cute puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah I want to pet him. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah I want to pet him. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little black and white guy reminds me, in coloring, of my lhasa apso. I wonder if they are distant relatives? His hair must be difficult to care for unless... well, I guess if you own one, you just do a lot of brushing. I keep my sweethearts cut close. Its too hot here for all that hair!

    Always a pleasure to come visiting!

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    Julie Jordan Scott
    Our Literary Grannies from A to Z:I is for Isabelle Eberhardt
    tweet me - @juliejordanscot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they need daily brushing, which is fun for some!

      Delete