Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z Challenge - I For Irish Wolfhound

Extremely large and of commanding appearance, the Irish Wolfhound combines power and swiftness with keen sight. The largest and tallest of the hounds, he is a rough coated Greyhound-like breed. Dogs are a minimum of 32 inches and 120 pounds; bitches, minimum 30 inches and 105 pounds...Holy smokes, they outweigh me!

Irish Wolfhounds have quiet manners and a gentle nature...thank heavens since they are so large.

I'm celebrating the A-Z challenge by introducing dog breeds since my novel, Chihuahua Momma will be released on July 28 by Turquoise Morning Press!

Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

Also, my friend, NYT Bestselling author David Farland is having a BOOK BOMB today to raise money for his son's horrific long boarding accident. Ben has many fractures and has been in a coma for a week. Please stop by the BOOK BOMB page on facebook, and if you are able, buy one of David Farland's amazing books: Book Bomb on Facebook

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I also like the similar breed, Scottish Deerhound, but that doesn't start with I :-)

      Delete
  2. They are huge dogs! I saw some in England and was stunned at their size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My Chihuahuas would be a snack for a wolfhound!

      Delete
  3. I love those dogs! I'm a huge fan of huge dogs. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your comments, Kristen. I think you've hit my blog every day of the challenge so far!

      Delete
  4. I saw the Japanese Chin for J and nearly passed on... and then I saw these beauties! I adore Irish Wolfhounds - I always wanted one, nearest I could get to a horse, I thought! Had to settle for something smaller though :)
    Happy A to Z-ing
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all breeds, the the wolfhound is a favorite---I Can't wait until tomorrow :-)

      Delete
  5. I've also always wanted one of these giant dogs. They're the perfect mix of statuesque and scruffy!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't these the dogs kings like to have at the hearth?

    ReplyDelete