Monday, April 15, 2013

A-Z Challenge - M for Mastiff

From the Working Group, the Mastiff is a large, massive, symmetrical dog with a solid frame. This dog possesses an interesting combination of grandeur and good nature, courage and docility. They are more dignified than lively.

Dogs should reach a minimum of 30 inches; bitches 27 inches.


For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma, Published by Turquoise Morning Press.

Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

11 comments:

  1. I love mastiffs! Some people train them to be mean, but they are naturally sweethearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are gentle dogs by nature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that's the dog in that one movie! Forgot which one though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking Turner and Hooch, but that was a Dogue de Bordeaux.

      Delete
  4. Oh I could see having a dog like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I thought my dog was big! He is a lab/great Dane mix (we think...) The Mastiff looks like a wonderful kind of dog.Simply Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, big dog! He looks so powerful. Those are pretty awesome dogs.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's more like it! Big dog!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete