Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A-Z Challenge O For Old English Sheep Dog

I was getting ahead of myself! Now for O (earlier today I published P...but I promise I did learn my alphabet, just a very, very long time ago!)

A member of the Herding Group, the Old English Sheep Dog is a strong, compact, square and balanced dog. He is profusely coated, thickset, muscular and able bodied. These qualities combined with his agility, fit him for the demanding tasks required of a shepherd's dog.

They are adaptable and intelligent with an even disposition. They have no signs of aggression, shyness or nervousness. Dogs are 22 inches; bitches, 21 inches.


For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma To be published by Turquoise Morning Press. Other romance novels I have coming out are Virtue in December, and the Celtic Warrior Series in 2014.

I want to give a shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh and the A-Z Challenge group. Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

16 comments:

  1. I love dogs. When I was a child, for my birthday I requested the AKC's Complete Dog Book, detailing all the breeds, their temperaments, etc. I read it by the hours. I always thought an Old English Sheepdog looked so solid and romantic. But I could never commit to the kind of brushing that coat would require. (We have a Lab instead.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Old English Sheepdogs need daily brushing. Labs are great family dogs!

      Delete
  2. Cool, love that you're doing dogs! I <3 my labradoodle. I've always though sheep dogs would be fun to have too. SO hugable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, thanks for your visit and follow earlier. I used to live next door to an Old English Sheep Dog, but the owners shaved him completely. They have a perfect dog shape underneath their hair, but obviously that's NOT how they're designed to be - poor dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's probably happier in summer with the shorter cut.

      Delete
  4. I've liked dogs for the longest time. Dogs have kept a special place in my heart, right next to horses.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great dogs. Love that shaggy look. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm sure they require a lot of grooming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just re-watched Labyrinth and Sarah has a dog like this :)

    ReplyDelete