Thursday, April 18, 2013

A-Z Challenge - P For Pekingese

Part of the Toy Group, a show pekingese resembles a mop of fur. The one in this picture is clipped more practically. the Pekingese's expression suggests a Chinese origin. This dog is quaint and individual, resembling the lion. Their temperament includes independence, courage, boldness, high self-esteem and combativeness.

Dogs and bitches not to exceed 14 pounds.


For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma.

I want to give a shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh and the A-Z Challenge group. Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

10 comments:

  1. I think I am in love with that doggie! My five year old has been working on me to get a dog for the past year - well, more my husband because I am a total softy and if I saw this face at a pet store I wouldn't leave without him. Thanks for the well wishes, Amy! I am just going to put it out of my mind. I know its subjective and I would float away on a cloud if I dreamt about it for too long :-). Congratulations on all of your success! Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faye - My grandmother had Pekingese dogs. I think they make great pets!

      Delete
  2. Adorable. My dog is big and black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big and black is good--especially if s/he is lovable!

      Delete
  3. you realize there a a number of breeds out there.
    Looking forward to your books - I've had four

    Happy a to zing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. The AKC only recognizes one variety of Pekingese, though www.dogbreedinfo.com lists a size variation.

      Delete
  4. Never realized they actually had legs :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! But, too tiny! Need big dogs!

    Great theme.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, what a cutie! He's got a little deer-in-the-headlights look in that photo, but still very cute. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete