Friday, April 19, 2013

A-Z Challenge - Q For Queen's Dog

Most people are aware that Elizabeth, Queen of England, owns Welsh Corgis. Part of the Herding Group, these dogs are low-set, sturdily built and active, giving an impression of substance and stamina in a small space.

A Corgi is bold but kindly, with intelligent and interested expressions. Dogs are 10-12 inches and approximately 27 pounds; bitches are 10-12 inches, approximately 25 pounds.


For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma.

I want to give a shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh and the A-Z Challenge group. Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

7 comments:

  1. Aw, it's like an extra furry wiener dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I once met a corgi in Bermuda named Sky. True story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bermuda. Spent the summer of 1981 there!

      Delete
  3. Hi amy, Did you see the corgis on the film at the opening of the london Olympics 2012 ceremony? Check it out on YouTube if not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to have a look! Thanks :-)

      Delete
  4. He looks like a wiener dog, but with more fur, and a face that looks just like my grandmother's old dog!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete