Thursday, April 25, 2013

A-Z Challenge - V is for Vizsla

From the Sporting Group, the Vizsla is a medium-sized short-coated hunting dog. Robust, but with fine bone, the coat is an attractive solid golden rust. This is a dog of power and drive in the field, yet an affectionate companion in the home--A natural hunter with a good nose and keen ability to take to training.

Vizslas are lively, gentle-mannered, affectionate though fearless with a well developed protective instinct. Dogs are 22-24 inches; bitches 21-23 inches.

For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma to be published by awesome boutique publisher, Turquoise Morning Press. Other books coming out: Virtue in December and The Celtic Warrior Series in 2014.

I want to give a shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh and the A-Z Challenge group. Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

6 comments:

  1. I love dogs. I wish I'd found your blog earlier, during the challenge. I am a new follower. I scrolled through some of your other A to Z post. I am in love with the photo of the tiny Shi Tzu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this breed, but she's shaped a bit like the pointer my dad had when I was a kid. Hunting dog shape. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they definitely look like sporting dogs, and are definitely a rare breed!

      Delete
  3. He looks so strong and alert! I've never heard of them, but he's pretty cool!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete