Saturday, April 27, 2013

A-Z Challenge - X For Xoloitzcuintli

The Xoloitzcuintli comes in three sizes: Toy, Miniature, Standard, and two varieties: coated and hairless, with the hairless being the more sought after and popular variety. The Xolo comes in a variety of colors, from black to slate, gray, bronze, brindle, red, fawn, solid or spotted. The coated variety should have a full coat of hair that is short, sleek and clean, like that of a Doberman; with regular brushing it sheds very little. 

This is a robust and hardy breed, with a broad skull and a black or skin-colored nose. Almond-shaped eyes are dark. Its most noticeable characteristic is its large, upright bat-like ears.

The Xolo is intelligent, loyal, alert, athletic and extremely loving to its family. 


For the A-Z Challenge, I am blogging about dog breeds to celebrate the July 28 release of my novel, Chihuahua Momma.

I want to give a shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh and the A-Z Challenge group. Visit the A-Z Challenge web site: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

On May 1st, I will be posting an interview with my awesome agent MacKenzie Fraser-Bub of Trident Media. She's representing my Highlanders of Raasay series, and I'm thrilled she agreed to an interview. I've been writing Scottish historical romances for a while now, and I'm extremely excited to have found MacKenzie. Trident Media is one of the larger literary agencies in New York. I still can't believe I'm one of their clients!

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have go at pronouncing the name, but he looks like a very handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great for people with allergies!

      Delete
  2. Amy, you are going to make it. A month of blogs... I can't wait for Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth do you say that name? Either way, I like it! It's so unique. The dog is so cute too. I love the spots on its chest.

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! Look how CUTE!!! Oh how I wish my hubby was a dog person!!

    ReplyDelete