Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm Back--Scotland Was Awesome!!

Craigievar Castle
Hello fellow bloggers! Just a quick note to let everyone know I arrived home in St. George yesterday afternoon. I apologize for being awol for three weeks. For some reason I couldn't sign onto Blogger in Scotland. Not to worry, I have a gazillion pictures, and will post about my trip in the coming weeks.

The coolest news is that my friend, Jen Greyson is going to have a release party for her debut novel, Lightning Rider on Friday, and she's asked me to MC! She's going to be at the Microsoft Store in Salt Lake. Her book is EPIC, and I suggest you check out her web site:

http://jengreyson.com/

I'll be posting an interview with Jen on May 31st, so stop back to meet her!

The picture at the left is of Craigievar Castle, west of Aberdeen. It is generally regarded as Scotland's best preserved and most loved tower house. I am distantly related to the Forbes-Sempill family, and greatly enjoyed visiting this site. The castle is in good repair, and the tour guides are very knowledgeable and friendly. They all suggested my next novel be about Sir John "Red" Forbes, who was notorious for throwing more than one scoundrel to his death from an upper chamber window.

More to come.....

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back Amy! I'm sure your mind is full with exciting ideas and your fingers are itching to get writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...but have to see family first :-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I'd love to go to Scotland someday.

    Thanks for the follow. I'm following back. Can't wait to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'll bet that went fast! You must feel like you've just returned from another world. JEALOUS!! Welcome home. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe I'm back already!

      Delete
  4. I WANT TO GO THERE!!! I want to see all the castles and secret passageways and arrgggg.... You must have had an awesome time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir John "Red" Forbes sounds a charming individual!

    Your trip sounds magical. I'm sure you've brought back much fodder for your novel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, I have tons of material to keep me busy on several novels!!!!

      Delete
  6. Cannot wait to hear all about it!!! And welcome back. AND thanks for the shoutout about the release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home, Amy! I missed you, but glad you had fun. The castle looks beautiful. My sister and brother in law have stayed in a few castles in various countries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, looking forward to hearing more about Scotland - hope you got everything done that you wanted. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tower does look like a great setting for a novel. Glad you had a wonderful time in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete