Monday, May 6, 2013

The St. George Desert in Bloom


I took  a few photos of desert flowers on a recent hike near my home. I thought I'd share them with you.






This cactus will be awash in pink in a couple of days. See all the blooms to the right of the flowers?
When this post goes live, I'll be in Scotland researching material for my Scottish and Pict historical romances, the first of which will come out in 2014. I'm not sure if I'll have much internet coverage as I will be staying in hostels, but I will try to post pictures when I can. Happy blogging everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Send some flowers over here! But we are finally starting to bloom over in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll look forward to the pictures Amy! I nominated you for another award. When you get back, please to; www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more. Have fun on your trip. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic flowers! Have a great time in Scotland. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!

    Have a fun productive time in Scotland. Don't know if you've been there before, but you're gonna love it. The people there are the best - well, apart from the kiwis that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I bet Scotland's quite a contrast to your normal desert views. Green everywhere! Have fun and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll definitely be taking different kinds of pics in Scotland! Hope the trip is productive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something special about a cactus in bloom. Hope your visit to Scotland is going well. . . and that you're having fun. I've been -- didn't see the Loch Ness monster but the ride around the lake is spectacular. And the people are terrific! And, hmm, a bit of pub crawling is good for the soul. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the beautiful flowers with us, Amy. I nominated you for another award. Please visit; www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers. I hope you have a great trip to this side of the ocean and that you brought your woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful flowers! Have a great time in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nature is so awesome, look at those pretty colours against the dry sand. How do they do it!!!

    ReplyDelete