I thought it would be a pretty easy job to go in and fix a few typos that I knew were in it, but I made so many novice mistakes:
1. That, that, that! I'll bet I've cut 500 that's and I'm not finished yet.
2. As, as, as...not as bad as that, but bad.
3. Not enough action, and not using props...too many head nods.
4. Stating the emotion rather than showing it.
5. Too much word repetition.
Yes, it's bad, bad, bad, but know the good thing? It can be fixed, and I'll have a much better book. I'm hoping to release BOY MAN CHIEF, a Native American historical fantasy by November 1st.
The back cover copy:
In an ancient Native American world, Koicto dreams of leading his people through the ravages of war. Summoned by the Tribal Elders, this gifted warrior forges a bond of brotherhood with the irascible cougar, Kitchi, and proves he’s worthy to lead. But the Elders proclaim Koicto a shaman—a medicine man. They force him into an arranged marriage, ignoring his love for the beautiful Pavati, and casting aside his burning desire to become chief of the Nahchee Nation.