Monday, December 2, 2013

Forever in My Heart by Sarah Hoss

My good friend, Sarah Hoss, has just released her newest novel, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A SOUL MATE, an anthology, and has agreed to a spotlight interview. Yea!

Hi Sarah!

Would you tell us about your AMAZING road to publication? 

My road to publication has been a long one. My first book, Dreams of the Highlander, took me about 6 years from start to finish. My first two years of writing, I was all alone and not sure what I was doing. Once I joined Celtic Hearts Romance Writers, it became so much better because I had other authors I could lean on.


What is your book about?

All I want for Christmas is an anthology. 20 Soul Mate authors including myself joined together to give you this book. There are different heat levels, different genres, and all with the same theme. Wanting to spend Christmas with the one you love.


Could you talk a little about your main characters and their conflicts?

My story is called Forever in my Heart and my main characters are Iona and William. They have been in love and are supposed to get married at Christmas. Their conflicts are about them trying to get married and the incident that separated them.

How did you come up with the story?

I love historical romances and Scotland is my favorite place, so the setting was easy. The anthology is centered around Christmas, so I had to have that in my theme. The story just came to me as I was trying to think of a plot.




Could you tell us something about your current projects? Will we see another book from you soon?

I hope so. I am working on a contemporary novella and also the two other books to follow Dreams of the Highlander.


Have you got any advice for aspiring authors?

Be patient. This world is a waiting game when it comes to writing, editors, and submitting. Also, have thick skin. You will never get everyone to like your books.


Now for the fun stuff. 

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Favorite food?  Twizzlers, they help me think.
Favorite pet? I have two so I can’t choose. I have a cat and a dog.
Favorite cruise destination? Canary Islands
Tea or coffee? Both


Sarah grew up believing she could try anything and if she set her mind to it, she would succeed. Sixteen years of dance lessons, Cheerleading, and school plays proved to her that her parent’s words rang true. Writing was no exception. Reading the Outlander series made her fall in love with time travels and the historical places books could take her. Always a child with a vivid imagination, she realized as an adult, she could put her imagination to good use and began writing. Marrying her very own hero, they live in Indiana in the town where she grew up. They have three beautiful children and one hyper dog. When Sarah isn’t writing, she enjoys gardening, camping, and watching her kids’ play sports.




Excerpt from Dreams of the Highlander:
Chapter 1
“Love looks with the mind, not with the eyes.”
William Shakespeare
    
Newtonmore Scotland, 1701
“Mairi,” he whispered.
“I love ye with all of my heart.” The evidence of that love clung to her soft voice.
Alexander swallowed the lump of fear that rose in his throat. “I love ye, too.” He lowered his gaze to their beautiful son nestled in his arms. Brown hair dusted the little head and he gently ran his hands over the silky forehead as he fought back tears.
“I want ye to be happy, Alexander.” A blanket of confusion covered him as she turned away in sadness to stare out the window.
“What are ye saying, Mairi? Ye’re going to be fine.” He said it with as much conviction as he could muster. His hand cupped her cheek, his thumb slowly brushing strokes back and forth.
Alexander readjusted himself on the bed. She turned then, to stare back into his eyes, her hand grasping his. The sadness had left and in its place, determination settled in.
“No, I won’t and we both know it.” She swallowed with difficulty. “Promise me, Alexander. Promise me ye willna grieve for me forever.” He watched, stunned, as her hand dropped from his.
Alexander heard his mother sobbing in the background as he sat there with his stillborn son held tightly in his arms and watched his wife slip peacefully from this world.

Where to find Sarah:



Twitter- @SarahHoss1




    

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me. I hope you don't mind me posting an excerpt from Dreams of the Highlander. Forever In My Heart is a short story so it was hard to gather a decent amount to tease you with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely excerpt, Sarah! So nice to have you visit.

      Delete
  2. Amy and Sarah thanks for sharing. It is always great to hear from another author. Enjoy your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete