Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year Brings New Horizons

Some of you may remember my excitement last April when I signed with New York literary agency, Trident Media for the representation of my three-book Scottish Historical Romance series, HIGHLAND FORCE. Well, it's been nine months...and after a long conversation with my agent, I've decided to self-publish the series.

This decision has been both disappointing and exciting for me. But I'm opting to focus on the EXCITING part. I contacted the Killion Group for my cover art. Kim Killion is extremely professional and fast (I contacted another cover artist who couldn't get to my work until June). Anyway, in less than two weeks, Kim had all three covers designed. I couldn't be happier. They are extremely professional and reasonably priced.

Presently, the books are with the copy editor. My roll out plan:
  1. CAPTURED BY THE PIRATE LAIRD February 17th
  2. THE HIGHLAND HENCHMAN, April 28th
  3. BEAUTY AND THE BARBARIAN, June 30th
These dates may move up, but CAPTURED BY THE PIRATE LAIRD is locked in for February 17th. Wish me luck...below are my AMAZING covers...





What's new on your horizon in 2014?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, Amy! I'm so impressed that you're moving forward on your own. I wish you lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely awesome covers! All that plaid and muscle- swoon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes, I definitely wanted the "alpha" look!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck in your new venture, Amy. As usual, Kim has done a fantastic job for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paisley, Kim's amazing, so true!

      Delete
  4. I envy your bravery to venture out on your own. More and more are self-pubbing. I'm still sticking to the old ways...to insecure, I suppose. I'm wishing you the best. Your covers look awesome. If you need a place to promote when release time comes, Vintage Vonnie is always open. Just shoot me an email at vonnie(dot)davis@ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vonnie. I know it's terrifying to go out on my own, but also empowering! I'll e-mail you soon!

      Delete
  5. Love those covers! You are moving forward with great energy. All the best with your series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I love everything Scotland--it's got to be right :-)

      Delete
  6. Amy, I love your covers, but I am thrilled for your success. My all good things come to you this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat! So good to hear from you, sounds like you've got quite a lot on the horizon too!

      Delete