Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Facebook Party & Romance Writers Blog Hop


Everyone's invited to the Captured Facebook Party. Today, February 18th, 5-8 pm Mountain Time: Join at any time or just stop by and comment (you would make my day): 

https://www.facebook.com/events/500248040090682/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming




Today marks another three questions in the Romance Weekly Blog Hop! Below are my answers:

1.     How did you get the idea for your book?

I’ll assume we’re talking about my latest book, Captured by the Pirate Laird. After writing a couple of manuscripts based along Hadrian’s Wall during the Roman occupation, I was told no one wanted to read about Picts or that time in history. So, having always been a fan of Scottish historical romance, I drummed my fingers against my lips and decided I wanted to write a Scottish historical about a pirate. I had purchased a book on the history of pirates, and it fascinated me. So, I started researching Scottish pirates, and I found the perfect “laird” to write about.


2.     How did you decide on the title?

Captured by the Pirate Laird seemed perfect, especially since “Highland” is in the series title, Highland Force. This was one book where I came up with the title right away. That doesn’t always happen.


3.     What motivated you to get the book completed and published?
We’ll, I’m trying to do this for a living. I write every day. I write about four full-length (90K+ words) per year.

Visit Carrie Elks, next up for the Romance Weekly Blog Hop! http://carrieelks.com/blog

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the release! I hope you're celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Amy. I've been on a bit of a pirate-kick too lately. I recently finished Treasure Island and then that got me thinking about another classic I'd never read but always heard so much about: Robinson Crusoe. Although not about pirates per se, there are mutineers and cannibals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Congratulations! I've nominated you for an award. Please stop by www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

    ReplyDelete