In a couple of weeks I will be participating in a blog tour for book one in the Highland Force Series, Captured by the Pirate Laird. One of the questions I was asked is, what is my ideal Scottish Highlander? I must say I really enjoyed answering that question, and there are so many redeeming qualities in my sixteenth century men:
1. Total alpha male. These rugged warriors cannot afford to be passive. They have a duty to protect their clans and their women and nothing will stop them from doing so.
2. Honor. The Scottish Highlander’s honor is his most treasured attribute, guiding his every decision. No one can strip away his honor.
3. Respect and Chivalry. Both his honor and the code of chivalry ensure the Highlander will treat the heroine reverently, respect her virtue, and when in a crowd, he will make her feel as if she’s the only and most beautiful woman in the room.
4. Ruggedly good looking. These Highland heroes are generally tall and sturdy, and definitely not pretty. With firm jaws, broad foreheads and intense eyes, there is no question who is in command when you enter their lair.
5. Did I mention powerful? Their sturdy build and constant training tones their solid frames. A Highlander would be a good contender for Mr. Universe, though he’s not conceited about it. His muscular build is necessary for the protection of his clan.
6. Well trained warrior. These men must be trained in the use of all weapons, and expertly wield a claymore, shoot arrows, and know how to handle a deadly dirk.
7. A sense of humor. They don’t take themselves too seriously and know when to laugh at their own mistakes.
8. Practiced lover. Any woman will swoon in their arms and consider herself completely ravished in the morning.
9. Finally, my Highland heroes have a fervent passion for the heroine that drives them to the ragged edge of madness.
Who wouldn't fall in love with rugged warrior, who only has eyes for you, would protect you with his life, and speaks with a deep, lilting Scottish burr? *swoons*