Tuesday, March 25, 2014

That Question---How Do You Hope Your Books Affect Readers?


Follow the Romance Weekly blog hop and see how other romance authors respond to weekly questions!

1. How does your writing impact your inner life? 


I think this similar for most people who choose "novelist" as a career. Writing is an obsession. I'm never away from it. I'm always thinking about the story I'm writing or the one I want to write. I feel a little anxiety when I'm not writing. Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a lunatic. Aren't we all?

I spend endless hours rehearsing sword fights and dreaming up how I can torture my characters so the ending will be all the more rewarding. You gotta love this business!





2. How do you hope your books affect your readers?
Mary, Queen of Scots

I want my readers to be entertained, to be transported to a different world and feel like they're a part of it. I want them to experience my character's excitement, losses, happiness, sorrow, desires and passion. I want the setting to be so vivid that they shiver when it's cold or recall the misery of sleeping on damp moss with rain water seeping through their clothes. I want them to see the opulence of tapestries on the wall, the wooden trenchers, the weight of a broadsword, feel the pain of a wooden stomacher binding a woman's breasts and waist...

You know, everyday kind of stuff from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries in which I write.



3. Has anyone ever told you your book changed their life? If so, how?

I guess the closest I've ever come to that is someone telling me they stayed up all night to finish my book. *evil grin* 

Next blog on the tour, visit s the lovely Jami Denise!


ANNOUNCEMENT!



The Highland Henchman is out on eBook!




15 comments:

  1. Staying up all night to finish your book is a sincere compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new book! I tried to enter the giveaway, but it said it wasn't open yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it opens on the 31st...sorry, I put the giveaway up on my blog too early :-/ I get excited...

      Delete
    2. I completely understand! I'm a little over a month away from my next release and I'm freaking out trying to figure out all I need to do!

      Delete
  3. That's what I need, a wooden stomacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love when I can get lost in the world a writer has created. It's my favorite part of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too! It keeps me coming back as well :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm always a little anxious when I'm not writing, too. And revising and editing is not writing, which I'm in the midst of right now!!

    You sound like you torture your characters just right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like revising the most. I think it's very much writing, and gives me the chance to make the story shine! :-)

      Delete
  6. Really great answers, love that you like to transport readers to such an immersive setting :)

    ReplyDelete