Tuesday, March 4, 2014

 
Time for another round of questions in the Romance Weekly blog hop! Would love to know if you're a plotter or a panster! Please leave a comment below :-)

  1. Do you have a recurring theme in your work, either intentional or unintentional? What is it and why do you think you chose that particular theme?
My recurring theme is the action/adventure. There’s plenty of “running for your lives” in my novels. I think I stick within that theme because I like to read action/adventure novels. I can only take some much scenery and mush, and then I need something dangerous and exciting to happen.
  1. Do you carefully plot your stories, or do you plot as you write? Why do you think this particular ethos works for you?
I’m a plotter. For me plotting is really a strategy rather than part of my character. I spend a lot of time planning the story before I sit down and write a book, but the details change as I write and the characters develop. If I don’t plot, I sit and stare at the blank screen and think about all the different directions I could go with any given situation. Plotting helps me stay on track.
  1. Is there a particular genre (within romance) you could never write? Why? 
I could never write erotica, and I write stories about heterosexual adults. I guess I’m pretty grass roots. I dabbled in contemporary romance and really found my voice with historical. I do occasionally think about writing a sexy space opera romance. That I might do one of these days.


Next on the blog tour is the lovely Victoria Barbour. Hop on over to her blog and give her a warm hello: http://victoriabarbour.com/blog

8 comments:

  1. I plot out my stories to, I used to jus go with the flow, but find plotting works so much better for me. Great answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge plotting fan here. Spent too much time fixing the holes before I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love adventure and action in a romance too Amy - your Pirate Laird strikes that chord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to formulate a vague idea of what I want to do and often even that changes. I'm a pantser. It's a roller coaster ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My CP is a panster. She writes like a house afire!

      Delete