Tuesday, April 22, 2014


Time for another round of questions from the Romance weekly blog hop. This week's questions are from the lovely Julie Abdinoor:

1. What ages are your characters?

That depends on the book. However, most of my heroines are late teens to early twenties and my heroes are a bit older, but still in their twenties. In writing historically set novels, I try to stay true to the period. The characters of the time would have been of similar age. The only book I wrote with an older hero hero and heroine was Chihuahua Momma, where the main characters were in their forties. 

2. What special things or places inspire you to write?



My past eight manuscripts have taken place in Scotland. Aside from being of Scottish descent, I have studied in Edinburgh and visited Scotland a few times. I guess I'm one of those crazies who's a Scotland lover. Funny...I spent the month of May researching my novels, and found I was more knowledgeable about Scottish history than some of the guides. 

In all of my novels, I have done extensive research. For Virtue, I went to Belize for research and took a cruise and though I had been a professional dancer, I interviewed dancers from the ship. It was a lot of fun :-) 

3. What is the one message you hope women will receive when they read your stories?

The main thin is that I hope that they are entertained with a story they enjoy...that they feel like they've gone back in time and are experiencing a world of old.
Actun Tunical Munknal Cave, Belize

Next up, hop over to Katie O'Connor's Blog to see how she answers these interesting questions! http://katieoh.blogspot.com

19 comments:

  1. I just came back from a week in Scotland and loved it!! So much amazing scenery (some which I've used for inspo on my blog!) I can't wait to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to go to Scotland someday...someday. At least I can visit it through your writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't research an amazing thing. It catches you and keeps you digging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visited Scotland 2 years ago with mom & daughter. Loved (!) Edinburgh Castle, the highlands, Loch Ness, och, the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun. I went with my daughter last year.

      Delete
  5. Great answers!!! I would Love Love Love to go to Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chuckled when I read your comment about being more knowledgeable than the guide. That happened to me when I went to London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Scotland, but I think it's cool that you have a passion to write the setting for your books there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scotland is a great setting for a book. I'm hoping the Scots don't vote for independence in September, although I can understand their motives.
    I like to set my work south of the border in the Lake District. Scotland and the Lake District are full of natural beauty, and extremely romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to visit Scotland now! That sounds like a lot of research Amy. And I love your visuals! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what we're all here to do, ultimately. Entertain our readers and hope they get something from our words. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete